Tuesday 3 January 2012

Looking back at 2011 and looking forward to 2012

 

19lb 10oz Pike
Living in Bangor, North Wales I currently have close access to a number of brilliant fishing marks in North Wales. Over the past 12 months which have, by far been my best to date, I have managed to catch 50 species of sea fish from the british shoreline far surpassing my start of year expectations. Among them, plenty of new species, a number of PB's and some fine specimens(pictured). The fish varied from mini species such as leopard-spotted gobies, to much larger species such as bass, rays and conger eels. As well as sea fishing, I spent a good number of sessions targeting coarse species such as Pike, Carp and Catfish. Pike have always been one of my favourite fish and this year I narrowly missed my 2011 target of a second 20lber by just 6oz. I did however, after targeting them for just 2 sessions, manage to catch my first catfish. At 23lb 11oz it wasn't huge but nevertheless it was a first for me and I was well chuffed.          

 
14lb 1oz Bullhuss (New PB)                1lb 5oz Cuckoo Wrasse (New PB)

9lb Bass, Menai Straits (New PB)             5lb 5oz Ballan Wrasse (New PB)

So whats on the cards for the year ahead? Well with trips to Irelands gold coast, South Devon, West Wales and a return trip to Jersey firmly on the cards, 2012 has a lot of potential for being a very good year. Hopefully that 10lb Bass that has so far eluded me will finally be slipped over the net. I will be posting regularly on here so if you are interested in reading up-to-date catch reports please follow this blog.



Tight lines to all over the next year! Cheers for reading, Ross. 

  
            


 










No comments:

Post a Comment